Background

Saturday, February 4, 2012

I did it!

For the first time since I moved to Wellington I had a Friday night where I didn't  drink alcohol! And on Saturday I was rewarded with a nice drop on the scales, where normally on Saturdays I gain because of the damage from alcohol and the subsequent drunken fast-food from the night before!


I had devised a plan where Boyfriend would walk to meet me half way home from work, so I had to leave Friday Night Drinks on time (we've started doing this recently, it gets him some exercise and it means we have time to chat, away from TVs, housework and laptops!). 
Unfortunately, he had to work late on Friday so couldn't leave the house to meet me. I almost let that turn into an excuse but my brand new workout pants I'd bought especially for the walk home were calling me from my gym bag under my desk.
Obstacle number one overcome!


I'd planned to grab a coke zero out of the fridge and have that instead of a wine, I opened the fridge and some lazy bugger had enjoyed the last one and not restocked!!! A warm one didn't really appeal and I was SO tempted to have a wine instead. But I know it's a slippery slope and if I have one I just keep on going so instead I went and chatted to people with no drink in hand, got really bored and left early to walk home. I just really wanted the week to be over so I power walked and it felt really good.
Obstacle two? No problem.


I was so proud, we cooked a healthy dinner and watched TV. We had a big Saturday of veggie markets and supermarket shopping and a walk to elite fitness to check out cross trainers. Then I woke up to find the forecast had been wrong and it rained. ALL. DAY. So it was a bit miserable. On top of that I ate far too much white bread which wasn't well made and I felt sick all afternoon.


Today we were meant to go to a couples lunch where we can start to meet new people. Unfortunately, Boyfriend cooked himself dinner last night (as I wasn't feeling up to food) and gave himself food poisoning by eating sour cream without checking the expiry date (almost three weeks ago...). I was so disappointed when we had to cancel I cried a bit. I just want to get to know people so badly! Some days I catch the bus home and I see groups of people sitting outside bars in the sun enjoying a few drinks and laughs together and I'm so jealous that I don't know anyone. Sigh. I felt bad for letting Boyfriend see how disappointed I was. It isn't his fault, and sometimes I get really selfish when I'm disappointed about something. I made an effort to tell him that I was upset with the situation, not with him. But it was still really hard.


The silver lining was I was so worried about eating a high calorie lunch the day before I weigh in that I got up, walked to the gym, worked out then walked home. Then I figured it would be best not to wallow in self-pity about missing the lunch so I got my domestic ninja on and cleaned the house which was well overdue. So today I've burned loads of calories, and haven't really been all that hungry so fingers crossed tomorrow I'll hit my target of a 750g loss on the scales.


One thing that is massively motivating at the moment is progress pics. I've never done progress pics before and as soon as I hit 90.0kg I get to take the next set. I hope to be there in 2 weeks so that's really pushing me!


I best be off now. I just remembered I have a girls group meetup tomorrow night which has made me feel a bit better. I just need to get out there and start meeting people!! I don't make friends easily, as I'm so wary of being hurt that I "filter" who I become friends with. Problem is, I filter far too hard which isn't fair on anyone. From now on, I'm making a conscious effort not to judge anyone or make assumptions about anyone and also not to think the worst of people until they prove me wrong. 


I might even wear my new heels which I bought from Ultra last week when I should really be saving money for hiking boots... Ooops...

No comments:

Post a Comment