Background

Saturday, October 6, 2012

What a weekend!

Yesterday I woke up to find this beautiful weather staring at me:
So I hopped to it and decided to head to the farmers market to buy the week's fruit and veg. Normally I shop at the supermarket but their prices and selection are terrible and I love the atmosphere at the market as well as dreaming about how creative I can be with all the different produce.
I found a skirt I bought on sale years ago in size 12 which I had never been able to wear and decided to give it a go. It fitted so I wore it to the market (NSV: I have NEVER felt confident in anything cut above the knee yet now I wear shorts and skirts all the time). Excuse the mess in my bedroom!
I wandered to the market and spent just under $30, I came home with this haul:
Tonight I'm trying my hand at making moussaka, I'll let you know how I get on!
Yesterday we spent a lot of time in the garden, getting the last of the plants in and putting up wire netting and string for the beans and peas to climb.

The weather closed in last nigh just as we were heading to the stadium to watch the Wellington Phoenix beat Sydney FC (ha!) and we got caught in torrential rain. I spent the whole game shivering but it was still good fun.
This morning the sun was streaming in again and you wouldn't have known there was a storm last night! I went for my second ever 5km run around Evans Bay and it was beautiful. The last 2.5kms were hard as I was heading into a nasty southerly wind but I just slowed my pace and slogged it out.
Boyfriend has been uber lame watching Bathhurst all day and I've been trying my absolute hardest not to annoy him... I just don't understand guys and motorsport... Off to try out this moussaka, enjoy the rest of the weekend peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment