Background

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Where to?

I'm feeling a bit lost on my weight loss journey. I think I'm suffering an identity crisis of sorts.


You see, at first I was "girl who wants to lose weight but can't"
Then I was "girl who is losing weight with weight watchers and no exercise"


That was not really the person I have ever wanted to be though. And the buzz of losing each week is beginning to wear off, it's becoming normal. Dare I say it, I'm beginning to get bored of losing weight???


I don't want to mess with a winning formula, I am worried that if I try to change what I'm doing I'll stop seeing the results I've been seeing. But at the same time, I know that I'm not fuelling my body in the best way possible and I'm not making fitness a priority at all.


Is that ok?


Am I being too perfectionistic? Should I just accept that right now, I am working out a few times a week (sometimes just one) and losing a consistent amount of weight each week by sticking to my weight watchers points and still eating 4 points of chocolate or steamed pudding each night? With the occasional jet plane snuck in?


I don't know how I'm feeling. I feel like I have my body back from a few years ago, but not my muscles. I worry that I am not eating high protein anymore.


But it's working!!! I hear you scream. Yup, it is. But I am not happy with my habits... Do something about it? Or wait till I plateau and deal with it then?


Tomorrow BF and I are joining a boxing gym (that's right, not talking about it - DOING it). Maybe that will motivate me to find some fitness? I am totally uninspired by winter and by my current gym. I have an appointment at Les Mills on Saturday to do a free Pump class, can't wait. I just miss intense exercise so badly. All the time I was obese I wished I could run and jump the way I could when I was fit, now I'm light enough I'm barely doing anything about it!


Here's to tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. don't ever become complacent or else you'll quit! I keep switching it up, trying new things all the time :) recently it was volleyball for the first time in years. next up I'm trying barre fitness classes. by switching it up I don't get bored :)

    ReplyDelete