Background

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Hello

It sure has been a while.

I might come back.

Maybe.. 

I'm not sure if I'm all that great at this blogging thing, but I do remember it motivated me a heck of a lot and helped me get some positive thoughts into a world where people understand what it's like to struggle towards a healthy lifestyle.

I feel like a whole lot has changed in a year, let me give a quick rundown.

  • I've been married a year! 
  • I still work at the same great company, but my role has changed and there is a bit more responsibility/freedom but lots of hard work. I love it.
  • My brother spent 3 months late last year in hospital, which really had a big impact on me. It was very serious so he was at Wellington hospital which is close to me, which meant I spent a lot of time with him. For months my life consisted of work, hospital, sleep, worry. I think that three months was one of the hardest times of my life, many sleepless nights and many many tears. He is ok now, and next Friday we are planning to celebrate his back brace coming off (fingers crossed!). The positives from that time were the closeness it gave us, spending hours together each day in a hospital room will do that. It was also a big test for my marriage and I think we got through it just fine and it made us stronger. It was comforting to have a shoulder to cry on, someone to cook for me, look after me, pick me up late at night from the hospital and also to visit my brother and provide boy time for him as well. 
  • I recently ran my first 10k, I did no training and had not run for months, was quite worried about it and finished in 1.05. I was quite pleased!
  • We headed to Melbourne for my birthday in January and watched the Australian open tennis finals, it was a great week and wow what an amazing city!
Hmmm.... A quiet year really!


No comments:

Post a Comment