Background

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Positive Steps

I broke down last week, after my post about being stuck in a loop forever. I cried and cried about not being good enough for myself to love. Boyfriend said something so profound it just hit me in the face. 


"Just do what makes you happy"


I stopped crying and started laughing. 
BF: Whats so funny?
Me: I don't want to eat fucking eggs for breakfast tomorrow.
BF: ?? So why are you?
Me: Because that's what will make me good enough for me tomorrow, I was going to drop carbs because thats what strong willed people do. Well I'm good enough right now, so I'm going to eat cereal because that's what I damn well like.


And that was that.


The happiest I've ever been while losing weight was Weight Watchers. Their plan allows for dinners out, alcohol and chocolate. It doesn't make you feel guilty for eating carbs and the food is delicious which is great because I love to cook. I joined up the next day, today was my first weigh in and I've dropped 1.8kg. I am SO close to progress pics I swear I'm working on it!!!


So that's me, I'm just doing what makes me happy. It's my new motto and it always puts things in perspective. Whenever I get stressed out I remind myself, just do what makes you happy.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I agree, you don't want to be on any diet where you can't have stuff like alcohol and chocolate. It just sets you up for failure for when you cheat. Weight Watchers is great because it's a life style change. Diets don't work, I think we can both attest to that. :)

    ReplyDelete