Background

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Week in review

Today I weighed in, I love weigh in days as it's like a fresh start, my weekly propoints reset and I get to set new goals and challenges for the coming week.


I lost 900g today which I was really proud of. I also hit my 5% weight loss since starting weight watchers, and I am oficially at 9.2kg down since January 2nd which is awesome. Another 9.1kg will put me at my September wedding dress fitting goal weight.


Last week my main challenges were:
- Curry club with the boys last Friday lunchtimes
- Friday night drinks
- Out for dinner on Friday


So really last Friday was a biggie! But it was no biggie (teehee). 


Curry club:
I had a vegetarian curry and asked the waiter if he could swap my naan bread for 2 papadoms, they were really accommodating which was great. I had my curry with just a few tablespoons of rice so I had something there to absorb it but not a whole bucketload.


Friday night drinks:
I wasn't feeling so great after the rich curry so I had a small glass of bubbles to celebrate a friend being with our company for one year then I switched to diet coke until Boyfriend was back from Palmy to pick me up.


Friday night dinner:
The initial plan was to go home for a stir fry before going to Rhys Darby (!) but Boyfriend was held up on the way home so we had to grab dinner in town. We went to a malaysian restaurant and I opted for stir fried vegetables and had very little rice. It was light but tasted ghastly.


After the show on Friday I experienced some guilt about eating out twice in one day and started to get anxious about the scales. The uncertainty of it all and not being in total control made me want to binge eat but I reminded myself of how far I've come and I don't want to reinforce that behaviour anymore.


The next morning I clocked up a nice loss on the scales... just by the way...


This weeks challenges:


This weekend boyfriend's parents are coming down on Saturday which will no doubt involve a meal out and on Sunday we are heading to a wedding expo in Palmy and I have my heart set on going to my favourite cafe and having a lemon meringue slice for lunch. That will take up most of my weeklies so I need to be very careful about eating out on Saturday. I will try to suggest healthy restaurants and even offer to book one in advance since it's Mothers day weekend and all.


The other challenge this week is coping with stress. It is confirmed, we are moving house to somewhere bigger and warmer with (hopefully) no slugs or mice but we are moving in just three weeks! Yikes! So far I am organising as much as possible in advance so it's not a mad panic to move. The three days Boyfriend and I moved from Palmy to Wellington are in our memories as the most exhausting, stressful and horrible days we have ever spent together, and while this time won't involve a four hour round trip for each load of furniture or cleaning a four bedroom house inside and out it will still present its challenges I'm sure!


So this morning's weight was 87.1kg and after two weeks of big losses I'm expecting my body to hold back a bit this week. I am aiming to see 86.7kg on the scales next Tuesday. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment