Background

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Paleo?

Paleo is something I've considered for a long time. While I don't really believe in the "eat like a caveman" premise for good health (I have always felt grains are vital for health) but I really want to get my IBS under control and I think Paleo is going to be a good starting point to see what's really going on and it never hurts to be a little open-minded, right?

I'm a little nervous about the following:

  • high fat content of what I'm eating
  • getting carb deprived and crazy
  • my body going keto and my breath becoming like death (although this shouldn't happen if I make sure to eat nuts, pumpkin and kumara I hope??)
  • putting on weight
  • the impact it might have on running

Things I'm curious about:
  • Will it help my recently developed allergies which are driving me crazy?
  • Will it mean my life isn't ruled by whether I have an upset stomach?

Tomorrow's food diary:
(I don't include vegetables which are neglible in calories because I'm lazy and because I never have and I've always lost weight regardless).

Menu:
Breakfast - Asparagus with poached egg and fried tomato, half a cup of frozen blueberries with shredded coconut.
MT - black coffee with a dash of coconut milk
Lunch - chicken salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pumpkin, avocado, pumpkin seeds and an olive oil dressing 
Afternoon tea: Apple
Dinner: Pork mince cooked with ginger, chilli and spices served in lettuce leaf cups with chopped almonds and avocado. 
Dessert: Mixed nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment