- Iceberg lettuce
- Red chilli, finely diced (as much as you like)
- 1 courgette, grated
- eggplant, finely diced (optional)
- brown onion, finely diced
- 300g pork mince
- juice of 1 lime
- ginger, finely diced
- dash of fish sauce
- fresh coriander leaves
- 12 almonds, roughly chopped
- capsicum and cucumber, cut into strips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
Prepare all ingredients to be cooked (everything except the lettuce, capsicum, cucumber and coriander)
Heat the oil in a pan, brown the mince slightly and add the chilli, courgette, eggplant, onion and ginger. Fry until all ingredients are cooked through (5-10mins). Add a dash of fish sauce and the lime juice (go easy on the fish sauce - that stuff is strong).
Cook for a further minute or two until the sauces have absorbed. Add the almonds and coriander and take off the heat.
Arrange the iceberg lettuce into cup shapes (imagine they are lettuce tacos!) and distribute the pork mixture among the lettuce leaves, add the capsicum and cucumber to complete the "tacos", roll up and eat, no cutlery needed!
Day one of paleo done.
- I had loads of energy at the gym tonight despite being hungry, I ran 5km on the treadmill and then lifted all the things.
- I really enjoyed frozen blueberries microwaved with 1 1/2 TBSP of shredded coconut, the juice was absorbed by the coconut and it was yummers.
- I swapped the milk in my coffee with coconut milk (full fat) and it was actually pretty good.
- Logged my calories, came in around 1,400. Good stuff.
- I was hungry at 4pm, like super hungry. Then I remembered fruit is a good option and a small banana took my hungry away.