Background

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Almost Fridaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

It's almost the freaking weekend and despite my injury I'm determined to enjoy it!


Girls weekend! Been looking forward to this for so long!

  • Roadie tomorrow, 2 hours with Boyfriend after work then 2 hours with the girls to our sunny, vineyard filled destination!
  • Manicure date on Saturday morning
  • Wineries!
  • Hot pools (unfortunately I have to sit this one out due to hot water plus swelling = evil)
  • General Saturday night tomfoolery (again, not sure how much of this I can partake in, especially as the physio has banned me from alcohol but we're thinking positive here mmmkay!)

Today I had my first session with the physio (take that ACC) where she gave me a compression bandage to help with the disgusting swelling and gave me a reasonably painful massage. Once the swelling goes down we will start doing exercises in my two sessions next week. She thinks maybe another four weeks and I'll be on the move, but she agrees that I could venture to the gym on Monday for an exercycle and upper body weights. No squats, lunges or calf raises. Boo.

Oh! Also, I'm not the smelly new kid at work anymore! I have finally been there long enough to know what is going on and how I fit into the picture. And, to be honest and not sound totally full of myself I think I'm doing pretty well. I was scared that this would be a big step up in my career and I might not do so well, but that's just silly self-doubt. I've always been hard working and diligent, why would that be any different now? I think the company I work for is pretty fantastic as well (not something that's easy to find) so I feel all-around pretty lucky. I'm smiling as I write this so maybe I need to take time out to count my blessings a bit more often?

I have sent out my will you be my bridesmaid cards, I got them custom made and sent them out with flowers to my bridesmaids. I got so nervous and shy! One has received hers and I can't wait to celebrate in person this weekend. I'm crossing my fingers that the florist gets the other card on its way tomorrow. Ahhh! I can't help but be scared of rejection, stupid I know but that's the way I am. 

I am procrastinating from all the weekend packing I need to do. BUT I HATE PACKING MORE THAN I HATE WRITING IN CAPITAL LETTERS. Gah.

When I get back you and I need to have a big old chat about two things, money and weight loss. Booooooo boringgggg.

No comments:

Post a Comment