Background

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Will I be like this forever?

Will I think about food and my weight obsessively forever? Lose weight and then gain it again? Start a new diet and blow it? Get my hopes up and crush them? Lie awake at night hating myself and my body? Avoiding social situations? Living a life of regret? Searching in desperation for a cure? 


I feel like my life is on repeat. I have this disease that can't be cured, why can't I do this?


A skinny person would say losing weight is easy. Just stop eating. But it's not like that. I'm different. I'm perpetually hungry, it just never stops. Please make it stop. Please.


The pressure I'm putting on myself for the wedding is compounding these feelings. But I don't see a way out. I can't get married like this. I see girls bigger than me, and I think "they could get married like that". But not me, I'm different. If I'm not skinny and pretty what am I? I'm neither of those things so really what am I? I don't know. I just don't know.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way as you, I'm just so sick of the constant battle within myself on my eating. Just know you are not alone, there are so many of us out there who struggle right along with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for commenting. Sometimes it is nice to know I'm not alone, even though it's hard sometimes. We can only stay positive though!

      Delete