Background

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Weigh-In

So today was Tuesday which can only mean... Weigh in day!!!

SW: 96.3kg
Last week: 77.3kg
Today: 77.4kg

I gained 100g. Undeserved? Yup. Had I worked hard? Yup. Am I devastated or upset?....Nope.

I'm on the final slog to 68kg, my body has lost a huge amount of weight in a relatively small amount of time and maybe it's starting to dig its heels in a bit. I can be patient and wait for the scales to catch up with me, it's no big deal. 

It should be noted, that if I had gone on an eating bender and thrown all my hard work out the window yes I would be devastated and very upset. But I haven't, so I'm not :)

Plan for this week? To relax, not worry about the scales and just keep on keeping on. I am confident I will see the number 76 next week!

--------------------------------------------

NSV of the day:
We bought peanut butter on Saturday people. Peanut Butter. 

Perhaps I should backfill this story a little by saying that in my former years as a food crazed mad-woman I would eat peanut butter from the jar with a spoon. I could not stop myself. I would come home from work and eat at least four pieces of peanut butter on toast before Boyfriend got home. It was so bad we had an agreement that peanut butter did not enter our home, but sometimes I caved and bought it anyway.

Anyways, we bought it on Saturday and I didn't even think that with Boyfriend being in Aussie for the week, leaving me home alone, that this would be a HUGE risk of peanut butter mayhem and inches making their way back onto my thighs. Potentially a fatal mistake in the weight loss world of moi.

Today I got out the PB, grabbed a teaspoon and... used it to mix some PB with soy sauce, chilli and ginger for my satay pork stir fry tonight. I didn't for a moment contemplate eating any because nowadays I know a slippery slope when I see/smell one. The concept of eating that PB with a spoon and feeling it stuck to the roof of my mouth actually didn't appeal. Has good sense prevailed? For now I will say yes, but this journey has taught me that I must ALWAYS be on guard for bad habits to make a stealthy return in a moment of weakness. My food habits are like little ninjas in my brain, they stay well hidden but are deadly when they strike!

P.S Peanut Butter: I still love you dearly, just in moderation. I look forward to goal when we could maybe spend some time together once a week for breakfast, but until then maybe not.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Awesome blog :) I love your progress pics, I'll have to take some before pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jade, progress pics are one of the best things I ever did, so glad I did them even though it hurts to look at them.

      Delete
  2. That must have been hard! I love peanut butter! I wish a day for you when it can be a regular part of your diet (obviously in a healthy way). Clearly you have done so much amazing work so far, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The great thing is it wasn't hard! I can't wait until maintenance calories will allow me to re-introduce this food in moderation. Thanks :)

      Delete