Background

Thursday, August 23, 2012

What a day!

I love living in Wellington, and I love the attitude living here has given me about the weather. I'm not too phased by the wind and rain, I don't find it particularly cold here. But what I do love is how much I worship sunny days.

I check the weather forecast several times a day, searching for a promise of a clear sunny day, especially one on a Saturday or Sunday. Once I have one in my sights I immediately start planning, how can I make the most of this treasure? I'm going to start blogging a bit more about my treasured Wellington days, we won't live here forever but I'll always remember this as such a happy time.

Today was one of those magical days, and for a work day it wasn't bad!

I got up at 6.30 (something I've gotten very good at since putting my alarm on the other side of the room!), got into my work out clothes and walked the 4km to work:
The view from part of my walk.
At lunchtime I met up with boyfriend for lunch (<---- actually means he had lunch while I drank a coffee and then reheated healthy leftovers when I got back to my desk). It was the perfect winter lunch break:

After work I decided the weather was still so good it would be silly to waste it and since I already had my gym gear I put on my backpack and ran/walked home, ticking day one, week two of the C25K off my to-do list. Win!

I rounded out the day by preparing a chicken and quinoa salad with for dinner, with enough left for lunch tomorrow:
Delish!!!
So yeah! Great day and I feel like I've achieved so much as well as fitting in a pesky 8 hours of solid spreadsheet ninja time. Boom!

My weight: Official weigh in on Tuesday saw me at 77.3kg which is exactly 19kg gone! This morning I was pretty annoyed to see 78.3kg, I know I shouldn't weigh myself daily but seeing that really peeved me off. It is probably just water or something... But it does still mess with my head a bit. I guess now I just need to focus on how awesome I am feeling and that I am actually happy with how I look. I have a million times more energy than ever before, I fit a size 12/14 and I'm so happy. I will get to my goal eventually, it's just going to take perseverance and a bit more patience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment