Background

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Dress Shopping - Quick recap

Caution: Boring wedding talk!!!

First off, I'd just like to say that my concerns were totally invalid. I can't help but admit that I LOVED the way I looked in the dresses, my belly is flat and my waist is small. I comfortably fit all size 12 dresses in the shops and was even in a size 10 at one point.

Ok here's a quick recap:

We started at Brides on Thorndon, where I did not fit any of the dresses, they were all in size 14 and the lady had to grab the back of the dress and pull hard for us to see what it looked like. I fell in love with a traditional lace gown with an amazing low back on it as well as a gown with a little less lace and a bit of beading on it, with shoulder straps which I really love. I would love to have either of those dresses, the only thing that turns me off is they don't fit so I can't visualise what it would be like, and the service at the store wasn't amazing. The lady was great, but no photos were allowed and life was just a bit easier at the second store.

We grabbed a quick coffee before heading over to Astra Bridal. I tried on the usual variety of dresses (which started to all look the same) and fell in love with a traditional lace dress with crystals, I'm not a huge fan of beading but this dress made it work and I could imagine peeling the lace off if I have a daughter for her to incorporate into her gown (a dream every mother has but I'm sure by then it will be so unfashionable). I also fell in love with a frou-frou  dress that we nicknamed the "swan" gown. I can't even describe why I love it so much and I know it is very much an "in-fashion" dress and the only reason I don't buy that one is that I wonder if I will still love it as much in a few years time once fashions have changed?

Now to decide! This decision is killing me. My plan is to revisit the stores next weekend, in the reverse order so I can try them all on again and make my final decision. I have absolutely no idea how I am going to do it, and it might end up coming down to liking the service at Astra Bridal better.

Oh! And yesterday morning I weighed in at 76.2kg which means I broke through the 20kg lost mark! Fantastic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment