Background

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fun facts

Because I love talking about myself and all, here are some fun facts:

1. In case you haven't guessed, I live in Wellington and love it to pieces. But boyfriend and I both grew up in New Plymouth, where we would like our children to grow up as well.

2. I am a Chartered Accountant, I work for a publicly listed company doing mostly technical work and absolutely love it. It takes seven years to become a CA and it is my proudest achievement to date.

3. The above point does not make me good with my money (although I wish it did).

4. I love Pink Floyd and I also have a bit of a thing for 90s soft rock such as Counting Crows, Wallflowers etc.

5. We have two cats (or maybe they have two pet humans?) who we dote on. We have a little moggy and a Bengal, the Bengal plays fetch and destroys the house.

6. Boyfriend proposed to me after a surprise helicopter ride around the Wellington area, it was the most special moment and it still gives me butterflies when I think about it. My engagement ring stone is an apricot/pink tourmaline. I wanted something a bit different.

7. I love giant jaffas and peanut butter. Not together though. I love coffee but only good quality espresso. 

8. I enjoy doing leg work at the gym, like squats and lunges, but hate doing arm work. My legs are real power houses and I love feeling strong.

9. If I won lotto I would buy a small cottage in the Mediterranean and spend half the year there, thus never living through a winter again.

10. Vegetable gardening gives me a huge amount of satisfaction, it is one of the most relaxing activities I have found, which is great for someone who is normally tense like me. At the moment I am growing herbs, garlic, lettuce  spinach, bok choy, asian greens, artichoke, tomato, courgette and a few others. Summer is when the fun starts!

 11. I love to cook. One of my goals post-wedding is to incorporate more gourmet cooking into my new lifestyle without the gourmet weight-gain. I think I might have to start running a lot more!

1 comment:

  1. You're an inspiration. And vegetable gardening is such a great idea. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete