Background

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sweet little lies

I am an extremely honest person, perhaps to a fault when I end up oversharing when a simple white lie could suffice.

- I don't lie to Boyfriend.
- I never lie to my bosses
- I don't lie to friends
- I don't lie to family

I don't lie to anyone. Except one person. 

I have been lying to myself.

- You'll burn that jaffa off on your run tonight
- You'll still be well under calories even though you eat that
- That piece of cake won't do much damage
- Eating chips is ok on Friday nights
- I've earned this chocolate/treat/jaffa
- 1500 calories a day is a good target to lose weight
- I'm so close to goal, I've got to have a life too!

The above statements are things I have been telling myself recently. I also tell myself I'm sick of losing a meagre amount of weight every week. My average weight loss has gone from 800g per week to 300g per week. I know a loss is a loss but it is sporadic and a few almost-binge situations have started to develop.

I found myself in despair this morning after I ate far too many potato chips and drank too much red wine last night and saw 76.6kg on the scales this morning. A gain of 1.1kg overnight. I know thats mostly bloating but honestly!!!!!!

Time to stop kidding myself. I'm almost at goal, shit's gunna get harder from here on in. I need to start doing the following:
- Aim for 1200 calories a day and allow for 4 squares of chocolate on top of that only if I meet the 1200 target. If I cave and eat junk at work then evening chocolate is sacrificed.
- Start doing resistance training 3 times per week at the gym, in a lunch break is fine (at the moment I only do resistance work if it is raining and I needed to use the gym's treadmill for a run). 
- Keep the protein high
- Keep up with running and tennis.

Brighter news - got my very own tennis racquet today! BF and I spent a few hours practicing at the public courts today, so cool!!!
This photo proves I definitely still have 7-8kg to go.

2 comments:

  1. 1200 is a really low number! Like serious low! Do you have access to a trainer at your gym? They might give you some advice on that. My experience, but not trained advice, would say that you should be eating a bit more than that and amp up what you do.

    Your body needs fuel for your activities, if you give it proper food at a higher calorie number your body will use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1200 is super low, that is my target before having my daily "treat" which is around 130 calories.
      I generally don't believe in eating exercise calories unless:
      - your goal is to maintain
      - you are training for something a bit bigger than a casual five k which requires intense exercise for more than 45mins. Just my opinion though :)

      Delete