Background

Thursday, September 20, 2012

NSV and a Recipe

Heya!

I quickly wanted to get a post in before I head off to Palmy tomorrow to see friends who I love and miss and get some much needed wedding planning done.

First of all - major non scale victory today people! I went to the gym (day two of week six of the c25k in case you were wondering how that's going - great!) and then did a punishing weights work out. While on my last set of press ups I decided to have a crack at full press-ups, like on my toes. Much to my surprise despite my muscles already being massively fatigued I managed to do three full press-ups. Wow. 

I've NEVER done that in my life!!!

Also, this should be NSV number 2 - I managed three sets of 12 tricep dips without giving up. Another awesome thing is while I was doing said tricep dips I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and honestly did not recognise myself. My arms looked muscular, my posture was perfect and my stomach was flat. There was a fit, slim girl in the mirror smashing out some tricep dips with perfect form (brag brag) and it took a few seconds to register that girl was me.

Anyways, enough going on about me, let's hear some more about me. This is my breakfast, I have it every single day and love it soooo much I had to share. I also spammed peeps on my instagram with it (peanutbuttagal).

First off, grab half a cup of frozen blueberries and nuke them in the microwave for 40 seconds so they are 80% thawed.
Next stick 45g of quick oats in a bowl, add warm water until they are just covered. Nuke it for 1 minute with the microwave on 80% power.

Once that's done it should have expanded a little. Add a splash of trim milk (seriously not much if you like porridge gluggy like I do) and give it a good stir. There should be a bit of milk sitting on top but not much. Back in the microwave for a minute but watch it closely because depending on your microwave power or the amount of milk you use it runs the risk of overflowing (mine generally doesn't but I still watch it as I've been caught out once or twice!).
 When it's done, add half a serve of vanilla or banana protein powder (I use sculpt vanilla because it's delicious but I'm aware others are probably a bit lower carb) and another splash of milk. Stir it in, the powder will thicken the porridge, if you like it more runny just add more milk! Add your blueberries and viola! Delicious breakfast for 302 calories.


2 comments:

  1. That is very nice recipe. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I forgot to mention you can make this raisin porridge by adding a small box of raisins before it goes in the microwave for the second time. They swell up and it's delicious.

    ReplyDelete