Background

Saturday, September 1, 2012

A big cow

Once upon a time there was a chubby yet happy Hailey who loved to ride her cruiser around Palmy North. One sunny Friday afternoon in 2011 she set off from work on her cruiser, feeling good about the spring day and excited to meet up with some friends for a beer in the sun.

As she left work, stopping to get onto the road with her bike a car full of young men stopped at the intersection. 

"Look! There's a big cow!!!" exclaimed one. The others laughed at this giant cow on her bike, how dare she be out enjoying the nice weather. On her bike Getting some exercise.

I died a little bit inside that day. It wasn't since I was at intermediate school that someone had made fun of me because of my weight. 

I was around 90kg, big yes, obese yes, but I wasn't HUGE. 

So many beautiful, intelligent women in this world are ridiculed or judged by small minded pigs because of their size, or their looks, or because they have intelligence and aren't afraid to show it. I didn't lose weight for those losers in the car that day, I lost weight for me and my health. 

That experience has taught me to not judge people until I know them, and to give everyone the respect that they deserve. 

They may have won that battle by reducing me to tears and ruining my night, but I've won the war. They can get fucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment