Background

Monday, January 2, 2012

Coffee, Walking and Lanterns - oh my!

Today is my last day of being on holiday - I'm back at work tomorrow and Thursday before being back officially on Monday. Boo!
I'm really not looking forward to going back, I'm still the new kid at work (I've been there 4 weeks) and I'm just sick of feeling like I don't know anything and that I'm not worth my pay. I know it's just what happens with every new job and it will pass, but it definitely doesn't make tomorrow any easier!


Today the weather has finally gotten better so we walked (!) into town to do some shopping with the Stevens vouchers we got for xmas from my family. It was a really nice walk and we cut through the Basin Reserve which I love and I took my camera, got it out so I could take some pics for the blog and... "No Memory Card". Duh! I'd left it in the laptop. Sorry!


We stopped in at Carribean Coffee House on Cuba St for a trim latte before heading down to start shopping.

Stevens was an absolute fail, there was nothing there we needed or wanted, so we are going to leave it a week or so until we go up to Palmy where the Stevens store is bigger and better. However, all was not lost! While mooching around in Farmers we found some awesome table centrepieces for the wedding in the bargain bin. So we grabbed 14 lanterns that hold tealight candles, 10 large and 4 small:

With a bit of imagination they're going to be great! Boyfriend was so excited, not because he's an active wedding planner, but because he gets to spraypaint them a vintage cream colour for me, and boys are all about spraypainting!


I want to find some nice scented candles to put in the centres and attach some small butterflies or something like that to them to make them a bit more romantic and a bit girlier. 
The best thing is, when the wedding is done I can throw them on trademe as a bulk lot and probably get most of our money back. Perfect!


My eating over the past few days has been spot on, it's days like this that make me wonder why I can't do this every day. However, when you're on holiday with loads of sleep and no stress it is always easy to eat well. Tonight I'm making a chicken and gnocchi bake which will make enough so I can take leftovers for my lunch at work tomorrow. I'm taking my backpack to work so I can run home as well. 


I'm off now to watch some more episodes of the Biggest Loser, I have found it really motivating and while I know their results are just crazy compared to what anyone can achieve in real life it is still nice to watch people change their lives for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment