Background

Thursday, January 5, 2012

That's better!

I'm glad to say I'm in a much better mood and overall headspace now. Bf and I walked (there's that walking thing again, is this a habit???) into town as he wanted to go to Rebel sport and find some walking shoes and I wanted to check out the local fitness centre on the way. That seemed to kill my headache and my terrible grumpiness really well.


I'm undecided about how and where I'd like to work out. Currently I have a membership at Configure Express which is reasonably close to both work and home as they have lots of gyms all over the place. Their facilities are ok, not as much weight equipment as I'd like and I get annoyed using the equipment on the circuit as you can't even do one set properly before you get kicked off to the next station. And, to be honest, the Lambton Quay one smells. Literally, like feet. And in a women only gym that should not happen!!!


I'd love to join a boxing gym and have it out with a punching bag, but the good one is in Mount Cook which isn't really convenient at all. 


The overall dream gym for me would be Les Mills Extreme on Taranaki St. But... at over $25 per week, that's probably not going to happen. 


I did find out that there is a spin studio very close to our house, so I'm going to buy a concession pass so I can get bf working out (he has allergies to exercise, makes him break out in a sweat and get short of breath and he's not about it at all really).


At the end of the day though, all these things are excuses. For years I've been the Queen of excuses, e.g.
- I can't work out, my tummy is bloated
- I can't work out, I have to do the supermarket shopping
- I can't work out, there's no point because I ate a biscuit and ruined my diet this morning (totally weird way of thinking but hey that's me)


My excuses for not working out are pathetic!!! I have a good gym membership which they make some decent profit off considering since I moved to Wellington in November I've used the gym (I'm ashamed to even write this) 3 times.


Admittedly I have been running outside quite a bit, but still... 3 times!!?!?


Anyways.
Last night we made one of my favourite meals for dinner, which happens to be a salad! Amazing! It's from the Healthy Food Guide and is a grilled chicken and orange salad with pine nuts and toasted bread chunks. Quite high calories for a salad (452) because of the olive oil in the dressing and the bread but soooo good.
Here's a pic, I almost forgot to take it before I ate it all!

This afternoon we ticked something off the "List of Reasons I wanted to move to Wellington" and visited cafe L'affare. It's no secret that I am a complete coffee addict and coffee snob, and L'Affare is by far my favourite coffee bean brand. As predicted, going directly to where they roast the beans guaranteed the best coffee, Bf ordered a triple shot large flat white, I ordered a large trim latte (can't think of a better way to spend 88 calories to be honest!).
Here they are in all their glory:

So soooo good! One of the best things about Wellington = amazing coffee everywhere.


Right I'm off to watch some biggest loser!

No comments:

Post a Comment