Background

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Monday

I'm sure you can guess why, but today has been a great day all around!
Seeing that number on the scales this morning has only motivated me more to keep up the hard work.


Today was the first day back at work and didn't go too badly. I'm finally beginning to see some areas where I can add value and that makes me a lot happier with my job.


This morning I had my usual cereal (Uncle Toby's) with trim milk and I also had sculpt vanilla made with ice, water and instant coffee. Boyfriend says it tastes like metal, but to my refined, sugar deprived, caffeine craving taste buds it's great!


For morning tea I took a banana with me to work, and at lunchtime I had left over chicken and broccoli lasagne from last night - so so yum (from the Healthy Food Guide of course!).
Afternoon tea was two mandarins, I'm lucky in that my work provides fruit for staff, so I never have to panic or plan ahead too much when it comes to snacks throughout the day. For dinner we had tacos, but I'm not very good at making pretty tacos and I was too hungry to care so I had a sort of mince and taco shell salad with a dollop of sour cream! (I was so hungry I started eating before I remembered to take a picture...)
All in all, not a bad effort. Once I've had 7 and a half squares of dark chocolate I will be at 1,381 calories for the day. 

I had one depressing episode today when I decided to hit the January sales, I went to Max and Jacqui E and tried on clothes and felt bitterly disappointed when I still looked like I did last week. Also, my work pants are still very tight and digging in. Then I reminded myself that it's been one week, and that this process will take a long time but when I finally can fit into dream outfits it will all be worth it. So I turned it from a negative into a motivational positive.

After work the weather had cleared up and the sun had finally come out, so I decided to go for a run/walk along the waterfront before catching the bus home. It was sooooo good! So much to look at and so many other people out enjoying the sun. They say you can't beat Wellington on a good day, whoever "they" are they are totally right! I love the smell of the sea so much, I grew up in New Plymouth which is coastal and it just feels like home when I smell the sea air. I was "that person" on the bus - you know, the sweaty gross one who has clearly just exercise and may smell a bit funky. I don't care, there are plenty of smellies on the bus that haven't got exercise as an excuse as well as germies who cough and splutter all over everyone. What goes around comes around y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment