Background

Friday, January 13, 2012

Update and Wedding Venue Pics!

It seems ages since I've written! I have been very busy!


My Bodymedia FIT arrived! So exciting! I have worn it every day and it has really opened my eyes to how sedentary my lifestyle is if I don't make an effort to get moving more. It has also made me realise that going to the gym does not give me a pass to eat a few extra treats, as I need that trip to the gym just to have a normal calorie burn! 


On Thursday night I went to the gym after work and did some time on the cross trainer and treadmill, as well as lots of arm and shoulder weights as that is the area I really want to tone up for the wedding dress. After that I had a really upset stomach (I think it had been coming on all day, I just ignored it and made myself work out) and was pretty miserable for the rest of the night.
Yesterday Boyfriend worked in Palmerston North so he left super early, I caught the train up after work (almost missed it too... I can't be trusted with transport!!!) and we had dinner and stayed with some friends, it was so sweet they got me early birthday presents and also got me a surprise birthday cake!
Yesterday was really hard food wise. I was feeling a bit down because the number on the scales hasn't budged since Monday. I know I shouldn't weigh myself daily but I can't help it! Also work ran out of fruit on Thursday and I wasn't really prepared snack-wise for that. I made ok choices but it did leave me a bit hungry, probably just in my head but felt like hunger!


So on the train I was a bit naughty:
Then we had corn fritters and birthday cake... .Along with a lot more wine!!! It was nice to be with friends and I don't want to ruin it by making everyone miserable about my diet. I thought it was a bit cute that my friend thought to ask Boyfriend if I would eat something super unhealthy and he said no, make the cake something a bit less evil. So they made me a banana cake. Too cute!


This morning I went to my old hairdresser and got my hair cut and coloured and then we met some other friends for lunch at our favourite Palmerston North cafe - Stage Door.


The real purpose of the trip to Palmy was to show Boyfriend around our wedding venue and get his seal of approval before I go ahead and book it. 
We are getting married at Caccia-Birch House. I absolutely LOVE it, I love the old fashioned feeling about it and I also love that it sits next to the Lagoon and over the bridge there is another nice venue where we will have our reception.


Here is the house:

I love the driveway, I think it would be the perfect spot for black and white photos:
Here is the ceremony area, it overlooks the lagoon which is really pretty:
And the indoor backup area:
The house has a huge grass lawn, I think it might be nice to set up croquet or petanque for our guests while we are busy getting photos:




We drove back to Wellington after that and arrived to find two very hungry kitty cats and our back yard furniture had been blown all around the place by this crazy wind! The wind also took out my basil plant and the outdoor table landed on my pumpkins which really peeved me off!!!


Boyfriend is out meeting his geek buddies tonight, so I'm off to read blogs, watch Gilmore Girls and put on my Moringa Body Butter from the Body Shop which he oh-so-hates!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment